What we plan to do
Our goal is to provide a supplementary force to the already over-burdened tertiary-care hospitals – using a Hub-and-Spoke model.
Provide chemotherapy, palliative, nutrition management, psychological assistance and support services (like basic blood work) on a standalone basis or within existing hospitals
A viable economic model (for both patients and providers); whereby tertiary-care hospitals will refer patients to the satellite center nearest to their place-of-stay
Ensure lowest overheads for capex and specialised manpower;ruling out – Operation Theatres and ICU, infection management, radiation treatment and all diagnosis beyond basic blood-work
Insulate model from over-reliance upon “super star” medical personnel (that is, oncologists, onco-surgeons, radiologists) on a daily basis by relying on nurses and GPs
Our core offerings will be services which can be done on an OPD basis; by trained nurses and paramedics under the supervision of a general physician.
Chemocenter in Mumbai
In May 2017, the first Daycare Chemocenter launched in partnership with Tata Trusts and Sirona Diagnostics. Tata Memorial Hospital will assisting in oncology protocols, treatment guidelines and training of medical staff. Key chemo-related services available are -
10-beds for chemotherapy and allied procedures
All bio-chemistry tests, especially chemo-related tests like CBC, LFT, RFT
Mammography, USG and Color Doppler
ECG, 2D Echo and Cardiologist
The center is housed within Dr Palep's Priyank Nursing Home in Prabhadevi, Mumbai
Work in Pune
Swasth India along with Tata Trusts and Prashanti Cancer Care Mission, has collaborated to help combat Breast and Cervical Cancer with the launch of their initiative titled #LosingIsNotAnOption, India's largest breast cancer programme.
Key highlights of the programme are -
- Targeting of ~2.3 Lakh women in Pune, over a period of 2 years
- Cross subsidy model whereby 30% of the women pay for the rest 70% who cannot pay
- State-of-the-art mobile vans, equipped with mammography equipment and portable Mobile Colposcopy units to detect early breast and cervical cancer and other diagnostic facilities
- Multi-tiered approach - women undergo physical examination, leading to imaging in a van and finally, confirmatory diagnosis at the nursing home
- Swasth is the nodal agency for managing the field-operations and electronic medical records