Mission


We aim to empower and provide additional support to the existing oncology community - oncologists, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies and diagnostic companies.

What we plan to do

Our goal is to provide a supplementary force to the already over-burdened tertiary-care hospitals – using a Hub-and-Spoke model.

Daycare Setup

Provide chemotherapy, palliative, nutrition management, psychological assistance and support services (like basic blood work) on a standalone basis or within existing hospitals

Hub-and-Spoke

A viable economic model (for both patients and providers); whereby tertiary-care hospitals will refer patients to the satellite center nearest to their place-of-stay

Low Overheads

Ensure lowest overheads for capex and specialised manpower;ruling out – Operation Theatres and ICU, infection management, radiation treatment and all diagnosis beyond basic blood-work

More Scalable

Insulate model from over-reliance upon “super star” medical personnel (that is, oncologists, onco-surgeons, radiologists) on a daily basis by relying on nurses and GPs

Our core offerings will be services which can be done on an OPD basis; by trained nurses and paramedics under the supervision of a general physician.


Chemocenter in Mumbai

In May 2017, the first Daycare Chemocenter launched in partnership with Tata Trusts and Sirona Diagnostics. Tata Memorial Hospital will assisting in oncology protocols, treatment guidelines and training of medical staff. Key chemo-related services available are -

Chemotherapy

10-beds for chemotherapy and allied procedures

Blood Work

All bio-chemistry tests, especially chemo-related tests like CBC, LFT, RFT

Screening

Mammography, USG and Color Doppler

Cardiac readiness

ECG, 2D Echo and Cardiologist

The center is housed within Dr Palep's Priyank Nursing Home in Prabhadevi, Mumbai


Work in Pune

Swasth India along with Tata Trusts and Prashanti Cancer Care Mission, has collaborated to help combat Breast and Cervical Cancer with the launch of their initiative titled #LosingIsNotAnOption, India's largest breast cancer programme.

Key highlights of the programme are -

  • Targeting of ~2.3 Lakh women in Pune, over a period of 2 years
  • Cross subsidy model whereby 30% of the women pay for the rest 70% who cannot pay
  • State-of-the-art mobile vans, equipped with mammography equipment and portable Mobile Colposcopy units to detect early breast and cervical cancer and other diagnostic facilities
  • Multi-tiered approach - women undergo physical examination, leading to imaging in a van and finally, confirmatory diagnosis at the nursing home
  • Swasth is the nodal agency for managing the field-operations and electronic medical records